About the UEC
Welcome to the Users' Executive Committee (UEC) for photon sciences at Brookhaven National Laboratory.
The UEC is charged with conducting the day-to-day business of the Brookhaven Photon Sciences Users' Association.
The purpose of the Photon Sciences Users' Association is:
- To promote and encourage research at Brookhaven’s world leading synchrotron user facilities, the National Synchrotron Light Source (NSLS) and the future NSLS-II
- To provide opportunities for the user community to exchange ideas and concerns
- To communicate user needs to facility management, including the Photon Sciences Directorate, Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Department of Energy
- To broadly advocate the role synchrotrons play in the greater scientific enterprise
- To provide a channel for communicating with federal funding agencies, Congress, the White House, and other federal agencies
The association also disseminates to the user community relevant information on facility plans and prospects.
Note: The organizational names "Brookhaven Photon Sciences Users' Association" and "Brookhaven Photon Sciences Users' Executive Committee" were adopted in June 2011, with an effective date of January 2012. Archived materials contain the original names: "NSLS Users' Association" and "NSLS Users' Executive Committee."